Sunday, February 28, 2010

Trying something new..


I have always wanted to start a blog, but I didn't know what to blog about. Then I realized that I could post what is on my mind, all of my thoughts and really anything I wanted to..so here goes. I just got back into town from one of the greatest weekends i've had in quite awhile. I went to Hot Springs for the horse races with my childhood buddy Justin Silva and his dad, his cousin Jordan, his best friend Mikey from high school, and our close friend Rob Eldridge. I was less than thrilled to be up at 7am on a Saturday, but once I was out of bed the excitement started to give me energy and less than an hour later, we were all on the road. The trip down there went by in the blink of an eye, and a little before noon, I had showered, put on my "horse races" outfit and we were on our way. I had been only as a child, so I couldn't wait to see how it was. I ended up losing a good amount of money- I lost on EVERY single bet I placed. Didn't win once. Surprisingly though, I had a great time. We stayed for all ten races and then went to eat at the restaurant Classics in our hotel. The nine people with us all played trivia and yours truly won the last game. From dinner, we went out to the bars. It was a good time..I really like being away from Fayetteville. It's nice to get to meet new people, hear about their life and just do something different. I really liked Smyly's a lot, it was an older crowd and everyone was just wanting to have a good time. After a few hours, we went back to our hotel room and got ready for bed. We went this morning to On the Border and ate lunch and just reminisced on the past 24 hours. I ended up having a better time than I expected, and wanted to just stay in Hot Springs and hang out. I'm really glad the weather is getting a lot nicer..there is no telling what the warmer breeze will bring. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment